Wednesday, November 28, 2007

BBW last class

Just went from one of my favourite classes (I even dedicated a separate blog to this topic. I have a bunch of insights from this class also, but will revise and post them later.

What I have to say.

First, we were talking about Martin´s current business Fon a lot. I even used 15 minutes of free Fon access to send the results of 2nd round of investments. And Martin brought a Fonera to each of his student as a gift. Well, I can ensure that they will have the first fonera in Russia, cause the first thig I'm going to do is to connect my father's appartment to ADSL and guess which router I will use? Quite a good reason to get into several countries at least to get first early adopters.

And second. Recently Martin has written about ASUS Eee PC - open-office linux-based portative PC with 4Gb flash memory. It is really nice, taking into account that in China it is sold at the equivalent of 180 eur (around 350 usd at Amazon in the US). What I have to say about it? User-friendly, fast, compact (a bit heavy - almost as heavy as Sony Vaio i've revcently borrowed from my friend to use). But the biggest discover for me is Linux, which is quite friendly (as my friend told me - until you open the console:). I feel like they were cheating on me about the only possibility for user - MS!

Well, hoping to get my Acer back as soon as possible (it is like renting an appartment forme when you use someone's laptop). And come back with results of last class soon.

No comments: