This guy changed a lot. I've got a bunch of quotations from his classes. Here they are.
- In our knowledge we have perception "the more the better". It depends upon whom this more belongs and how much they're paying for that.
- You make money on similarities, but differences cost you money.
- Approach to non-mutinational company - do product, do marketing idea and push everything to distributors - they should be interested in product distributio. Put marketing effort - promotion, sampling etc to them - you don't have time for that.Distributors know their markets. If you are ok to tell them what to do, you don't need them. Just go to the market and do it yourself.
- Marketing strategy is a carefully designed plan of actions which aim is to elicit specific response of a specific target group of customers. Official, but according to the scheme Who-What-How.
- Pricing is the marketing mix element by which you meet your financial obectives. Wrong price - unsatisfied consumer - lost profit - failed financial goal.
- All your efforts should be done to customers who are sesitive to your core business values. First focus on the customers that is easier to obtain.
- Salestaff compensation normally consists of 3 parts: base salary, comission, bonus. What the mix? Depends upon your target. Sales compensation is now used for manipulating. Base salary is a primary control - discipline, business practices etc. Comission which is a percentage from sales is a working icentive, the more you sell the more u get. And finally bonus is an appreciation of teamwork and collaboration. You as a manager define the mix since you know your staff better.